• To view a property – please call our friendly lettings team on 01865 311745.
• Viewing times are Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm, Saturday 9.30am to 12.00pm.
• Each group will be given a copy of our Tenancy Agreement to read, once they have read and understood the agreement they will each be given a student application form to complete. We will also ask you to nominate a head tenant for the property (this is the person who will be our point of contact, and will need to pay the deposit on behalf of all the other housemates, who will sign the deposit protection scheme form and will receive the deposit at the end of the tenancy to distribute for the household).
• Once you have completed all the forms you will need to pay a non-refundable admin fee of £186.00 (incl. VAT) to North Oxford Property Services (NOPS), the managing agent.
• We will then ask you to read and sign your tenancy agreement, once this is signed and witnessed the property is taken off the market and held for the group subject to us obtaining satisfactory references and guarantors. Passports must be present when signing for a property, visas and resident cards will also be required if applicable.
What Happens Next?
We write to your referees and send you the first account statement; this will show what you have already paid such as the amount of deposit and what you have outstanding in terms of rent. At this point we will also e-mail your guarantor form along with a copy of our tenancy agreement to the person you have nominated to be your guarantor.
One Month Before You Move In
Your first account must be paid one month before you move into the property, in the office. This is an advance of one month’s rent and the eight week damage deposit plus a check out fee. This must be paid in the office by your nominated Head Tenant, by cash, card or cheque. This cannot be paid via bank transfer.
Move In Date
This is the date your tenancy begins. Providing all your first accounts have been paid, references and guarantors are received for everyone moving into the house, we can issue you with your keys! The head tenant will need to come to the office to collect ALL keys for the house. This can be done from 4pm the day your tenancy begins unless it is on a Saturday in which case it will be before 12.30 midday. If the head tenant is not available then you can nominate someone else to collect keys however we will need this in writing beforehand (please make sure you bring passports as proof of identification). Please email – email@example.com for any queries or to nominate your key collector!
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact one of our friendly team on 01865 311745 who will be happy to help you.